Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secondary Character: Laney

2 posters

Go down

Secondary Character: Laney Empty Secondary Character: Laney

Post  Jessamine Blake Mon May 17, 2010 9:16 am

Name: Laney

Description: Laney is considered the most beautiful of the women in Jessamine's house, although as Jessamine herself has observed, this hasn't made her popular with the clientele. Her hair is pin-straight, jet-black, and hangs to her waist. Her high forehead and dark, almond-shaped eyes hint at Indian lineage, but nobody knows this for certain. Her skin is pale, but somehow sallow rather than white, as if she had lost her natural coloring from being indoors away from the sun too long. She is not especially tall for a woman, but her thin frame and long legs give her the appearance of being somewhat tall. The lids over her wide-set, dark eyes are permanently set at half-mast, giving her a perpetually bored or sleepy look.

Her voice is pleasant, even musical, but she is snippy, impatient, and often harsh. She is also known to be rather lazy and impudent, acting as if she were somehow better than the rest of the women in Jessamine's house, Jessamine herself included. Most customers (there is only one known exception) find her intimidating, and after a first time in her bed, readily decline a second.

She is much less demure than Jessamine in her dress, but also simpler. Her uniform of choice is a thin cotton pettycoat and sleeveless summer night shirt. Even some of the other house girls consider such a display in the downstairs area indecent, but Jessamine lets it pass. Laney can most often be found lounging around at one of the tables on the first floor, with her long legs and bare, elegant feet propped up.

Bio: Little is known of Laney's past. She does not confide in any of the other house girls, who consider her stuck-up and rude. Because no one asks and she does not volunteer, it is unclear how much Laney herself knows of her childhood years.

Combat Ability: She is the only girl in Jessamine's house (other than Jessamine herself) who can use a gun with any proficiency. Any other combat skills she might possess fall firmly into the realm of "cat fighting," although she would undoubtedly be a force to reckon with if sufficiently provoked, or if she felt herself in danger. She is naturally, almost subconsciously violent; one of the many reasons customers do not return to her is the abundance of nail-and-tooth marks their backs receive.

Affinity: Unknown. Although Laney was in Santa Anna, within the range of the bright flash of light, when Little Bethlehem met its demise, she has yet to manifest any ability for either magic or technology. It is possible that her indomitable nature makes her immune, or indefinitely resistant, to whatever is affecting the other inhabitants of the New Mexico Territory.

Note: Many details about Laney have been left intentionally vague, because I intend to fill them in as I go, primarily through her interactions with certain other characters within the narrative.
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

http://nobubblegum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Secondary Character: Laney Empty Re: Secondary Character: Laney

Post  Ethan Ramey Wed May 26, 2010 1:19 pm

A bit of additional information that would be helpful:

Can others control Laney? If so, should they collaborate with you, or is she a town bicycle character in the truest sense of the word?
Ethan Ramey
Ethan Ramey
Reluctant Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessamine Blake Sat May 29, 2010 3:30 am

Sorry about that. I got so caught up in writing the sheet that I forgot this bit of essential information.

Laney cannot be controlled by other characters in any major ways. If another character will interact with Laney or cross her path, I will gladly collaborate on action and dialogue to fill in Laney's responses. Don't worry, I'm not this stingey with all my whores.
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

http://nobubblegum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down