Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's do something interesting

4 posters

Go down

Let's do something interesting Empty Let's do something interesting

Post  Mr. Pearse Sun May 23, 2010 1:51 am

Allie brought it to my attention (and I agree) that things are kind of dull around here. In fact, they're a dull as dirt kind of dull. Although our story may be moving again, the rest of the site remains as dead as can be.

There are good reasons for this. After all, the internet has changed a lot in the last few years, and many of the tangential threads we often saw on ToP are relegated to other mediums like facebook. That said, I don't like excuses, so let's

sunny sunny sunny DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!! sunny sunny sunny

Post new topic ideas below, or skip the middle man and just make the topic yourself. One possible suggestion is an art contest or something similar. I have an idea of my own which I'll try to get up shortly... ("shortly" means "real life shortly," not "shortly as usually used to describe forthcoming posts on Broken Badlands")

Btw, this topic is in Chatterbox, because no self-respecting site should have more topics in Site News than Chatterbox.

Get to it!
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Let's do something interesting Empty Re: Let's do something interesting

Post  Ethan Ramey Sun May 23, 2010 12:38 pm

I've always been of the opinion that when we get the story really moving, and when people are visiting daily to see where they can post, then the off-topic threads would follow. There's something psychological that makes it much easier to go through and post on anything and/or everything after you've just finished a story post.
Ethan Ramey
Ethan Ramey
Reluctant Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessamine Blake Sun May 23, 2010 5:48 pm

I concur. I personally have been checking the site every day already, sometimes twice a day. I'm sure when the time comes that I can post more often during such obsessive checking, I will probably accompany my in-character posts by at least one or two out-of-character ones.

But on another note entirely...way to disappoint me, Mr. Pearse. I saw "Let's do something interesting" and I thought there would actually be something interesting suggested here for me to try, not just the suggestion that we do something interesting. Tsk tsk tsk...
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

http://nobubblegum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Mon May 24, 2010 4:19 pm

I feel I must disagree. I check the site daily, if not more than once a day. None of the ooc threads interest me at all.
This site is full of writers of a very high caliber, and I am honored to be tossed in among the lot. But I have the mind of a five year old, and this site is so dull right now that checking back is only interesting if somebody has made a reply on the thread I'm in. It's all drab and dusty. It has no color or spice. The writing is wonderful and eloquent, but the flow of creative sources on the rest of the page have all been stemmed. The grey of the world has settled here, leaving the Chatterbox alone with some writing labs and a thread about influences. We have an intellectual debate section, but no section for laughter or far-flung arts? Even an idle space where characters who aren't posting currently can interact free of and with no consequence to the threads they're in would be a welcome breeze. Pearse and I may be the only ones to feel this way, and if so, I can just live with it. But this really needs some pizazz, I think.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Ramey Mon May 24, 2010 8:49 pm

The easiest (and possibly cheapest) answer is, of course: if you don't see it, make it.

I still maintain that the priority for the site is to get the story rolling out at a better pace. However, I can also see that more things to do altogether might encourage people to visit more often, leading to more story posts, bettering the site as a whole. This in mind, if I come up with anything interesting to talk about or, more importantly, do, I'll get it going ASAP.

Fair warning, however, that my creative juices are currently all flowing towards the story, which is why I haven't been around elsewhere very much.
Ethan Ramey
Ethan Ramey
Reluctant Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum