Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pearse's Own Feedback Thread!

2 posters

Go down

Pearse's Own Feedback Thread! Empty Pearse's Own Feedback Thread!

Post  Allie Johnson Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:12 am

Well he's too stubborn to make one on his own.

So there you go. Let's have it. What do we think of lovely Mr. Pearse's writings? Come now. Don't be shy! He loves feedback. (;

personally, I'm not ashamed to admit that I've had dictionary.com bookmarked for some time now, and occasionally need to pull it up during a Pearse Post. I also find his writing style very to-the-point sometimes. Says what he needs to say and really has this cool commanding feeling that he can give off when writing he character.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Pearse's Own Feedback Thread! Empty Pansy Suck-Up

Post  Jessamine Blake Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:06 pm

I think the honest reason I have never thought of pulling this trick on Pearse myself might be the same reason I can hardly ever provide Ramey with any satisfactory critique. Namely, that I have found precious little to criticize. And those of you who know me personally can testify to how astounding a development that is.

The mechanics of a Pearse post are nearly always perfect. I don't think I've found any spelling or grammar errors yet. I'm sure they exist, but they were slight enough--or the writing was good enough--that I breezed right past them if they were there.

I would like to commend his ability to move the narrative forward in strides when necessary. This cannot be an easy task, and thus far I think Pearse has done an admirable job of collaborating with all of us in his various uses of his characters. I won't deny that there has been dialogue written by Pearse for Jessamine that I have wanted to change, and I have been invited to freely tell him so in those instances.

Overall, the only problem I can see is that Pearse really ought to make a few mistakes, so that I can sound "more like a journalist, and less like a pansy suck-up."
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

http://nobubblegum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Pearse's Own Feedback Thread! Empty Re: Pearse's Own Feedback Thread!

Post  Allie Johnson Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:58 am

I totally agree. With everything you just said. Honestly, a few of you guys on here make me feel like I'm writing with those fat kindergarten crayons, and I can only praise the support I've received from Pearse (specifically, because I don't believe I've formally or even informally met the rest of you internet phantoms, so we've never chatted) in my writing and the growth and development of it.

I really can't find anything to criticize either.
well somebody's about to get a big head.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Pearse's Own Feedback Thread! Empty Re: Pearse's Own Feedback Thread!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down