Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Layout!

3 posters

:: Site News :: Site News

Go down

New Layout! Empty New Layout!

Post  Seth Ruggeri Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:52 pm

The time has finally come. Jessamine and I have been working on a new layout for the past few weeks and the fruits of our labor are at last complete. New titles and some improved quality avatars have also been made for everyone to commemorate this occasion. As always, feedback is appreciated so let us know what you think.
Seth Ruggeri
Seth Ruggeri
Phantom of the Badlands

Back to top Go down

New Layout! Empty Re: New Layout!

Post  Jessamine Blake Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 pm

I know a lot of you probably have mixed feelings about the Brokeback Mountain picture in the new banner. However, let me assure you that the utmost thought and consideration went into the choosing. In the end, Mr. Ruggeri and I felt that this particular image invoked the complexity and rugged wildness of the Old West better than anything else we could have chosen. It may take some getting used to, but in time I'm sure you'll come to appreciate it.
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

http://nobubblegum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ruggeri Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:44 pm

In all seriousness, we do have a new layout. I'm still working out the finer kinks with some of the background and table colors. Please be sure to give some useful feedback and alert me to any display problems. I would also like to make a special request to our other beloved admin. I ask that Jessamine be given the means to use the site administrative panel in order to help me with the aforementioned adjustments and fine tuning.
Seth Ruggeri
Seth Ruggeri
Phantom of the Badlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Ramey Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:31 pm

I love the banner, but I'm not crazy about this background. It looks like we stuck a professional banner on a cheap .GIF textured background. Not to sound too harsh, but I think that we might be better off going with a solid colored background until we get something better.

The banner, though, is excellent. Way to go, Jessamine!
Ethan Ramey
Ethan Ramey
Reluctant Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessamine Blake Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:26 am

I actually kind of like the background...although there seems to be an odd line through it under the Broken Badlands title, and it's off-center. Also, under my shiny banner is ANOTHER title that says the exact same things. Any way we can remove that? It's not that I'm a prima donna about the banner, it just seems unnecessary.

I could do amazin' things with a CSS style sheet. Hmmm...perhaps I'll start a dummy forum sometime, for CSS layout practice. We could preview stuff on it without ever screwing our site. Or I might actually use it for something, who knows?
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

http://nobubblegum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Site News :: Site News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum